Sunday, August 11, 2013

TGIF's Word/Topic: Love

TGIF's Word
Topic: Love
Love is written over 500 times in the bible. Love is very important to God. There is no greater love than the love of God. He desires us to reciprocate his love. We can never match God's love but we can die trying. To love God with all our heart, all our soul and all our mind is to let God have his way, to mold us & shape us, protect us & provide for us...... When we love someone their happiness is so important to us that we will do anything for them. We mustn't focus on what we can't do. If we loved God we wouldn't want to grieve his Holy Spirit, we wouldn't want to offend or hurt God.  We need to lose ourselves in loving him b/c  unlike man he will never leave us or forsake us. It's the only true love we will ever have. Lets stop loving him on our terms. His terms are so much better.
Proverbs 8:17-21
I love them that love me;
and those that seek me early shall find me.
Riches and honour are with me;
yea, durable riches and righteousness.
My fruit is better than gold,
yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
I lead in the way of righteousness,
in the midst of the paths of judgment:
That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance;
and I will fill their treasures.
Luke 6:27
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Philippians 2:2
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Romans 5:8
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
He didn't just die he was tortured all because he loved us so much to be the ultimate sacrifice.
Romans 8:35
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
We are in the greatest love story ever told lets stop playing the harlot. Lets stop cheating on God for he is a jealous God he is the only God he wants us to love. If he be for us who can be against us. He wants the absolute best for us!
Pray: God you are the great I Am. You are Almighty. Forgive me for not completely loving you and trusting you with my life. Who am I that you think so much of me? Teach me how to lose myself in loving you. Teach me how to be sold out for you. I want to be the one you call friend. I want to be the one that makes you smile. I want you to say well done my good and faithful servant. Teach me how to love. Thank you Lord God Almighty. In Jesus name. Amen
God bless you! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment