Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Be Content

Wednesday Declaration
Topic: Be Content
Hebrews 13:5-6
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Sacrifices Pleasing To God

Our foundation text gives us instruction on sacrifices that are pleasing to God. One of them are our conversations.
Conversation is this text comes from the Greek word tropos which means our character, behavior, or demeanor.
Covetousness is showing greed for wealth or material gain.
God wants our behavior to be without greed for money. Greed is an intense desire for wealth.
We should be intensely desiring God and righteousness.
God will exalt us & God will lift us up (Jam 4:10, 1Pet 5:6).
God will cause us to ride upon the high places (Isa 58:14).
The love of money is the root of evil (1 Tim 6:10). If we love God he will provide abundantly. The added benefit of God providing riches is The Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow (Prov 10:22).
He wants us to be content with what we have because he will never leave us or forsake us. Forsake means to abandon.

Royal Family

He is saying don't worry about anything I own the heaven and the earth (Gen 14:19), everything you need I have. I hope you can receive this.
Prince William doesn't walk around chasing wealth. The queen is worth over 400 billion dollars. Does he ever look anxious? He walks in his authority, knowing who he is and who his grandmother is. He knows he has to submit to her and the rules of the royal family and all his needs will be met.
Why aren't we walking in our authority? Why aren't we submitting to the rules of our royal family so all of our needs can be met? Why aren't we behaving like heirs (Gal 3:29)?

The next verse says (Heb 13:6) "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me".
Boldly is to be confident and have good courage.
The Lord means master, supreme authority, controller. When Lord is spelled with capital L and the rest lowercase it means: Master in his relation to us as servants. With us serving & obeying we are guaranteed protection and provision (Phil 4:19, Psa 121:7).
Helper from the Greek word boethos means to run and meet an urgent distress call. To provide immediate aid.

God's Promise
 
God is saying when we please God (Pro 16:7) we can confidently say "God will immediately answer my distress call".

He is saying stand flat footed and know that he is God (Psa 46:10).

He is saying if he be with us who can be against us (Rom 8:31).

He is saying fear no man he is our Master we are his servants who humbly obey him and he will fight our battles (2Chr 20:17, Ex 14:14).

The question is do you believe God's word (Num 23:19)?

Summary

Be Content, God's got you! Boldly press your Jesus button and he will keep you from harm.


 Pray:


 Master and Provider you are supreme ruler over all. I am your servant, forgive me for chasing after the things of this world. Forgive me for not trusting you to lead and direct my path. Help me to be a humble servant. Help me to obey you and acknowledge you in all things that you would direct my path (Pro 3:6). In Jesus name. Amen
God bless you!
Jesus Loves You! Are you in need of salvation? Click here
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment