Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Fugitive Disciple


Today’s Inspiration ๐Ÿ˜‡

Don’t become a fugitive disciple. 

Sometimes we find our faith shaken and we begin to say and do things contrary to God’s word and will. 

When God anoints you it means He has appointed you to an assignment. Keep your appointments with Jesus regardless of what is going on around you. 

Elijah became a fugitive servant when his life was threatened. He retreated into the mountains, became irrational, and suicidal. 

1 Kings 19:3-4 (NLT)
Elijah was afraid and fled for his life. He went to Beersheba, a town in Judah, and he left his servant there. Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died.”

How often do we imagine the worst outcome when we are faced with calamities? How quickly do we forget our appointments when pressure mounts? How regularly do we focus on the problem instead of the Solver?

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

If your burdens are too heavy don’t become a fugitive disciple, don’t become suicidal, don’t execute your own plan, go to Jesus and He will give you rest. 

It is hard to hear from The Lord when we are wallowing in our feelings. It is hard to hear from God when we are fearful. 

God will rest in our worship not our complaints. God abides in our faith not our fears. 
If God is silent ask yourself are you worshipping or complaining. 

You have been anointed, keep your appointments!

Be blessed and know that Jesus loves ๐Ÿ’ž you!


No comments:

Post a Comment