Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Where Does Your Strength Come From?

Tuesday's Inspiration
Topic: My strength, My Song
Isa 12:2, Ex 15:2, Ps 118:14

It is wonderful to believe and to trust in Jesus. He is a comforter, he is faithful, he is holy, he is a redeemer, he is righteous, he is a strong tower, just to name a few of his wonderful qualities. When we are faced with many different situations in life we sometimes forget that our King is multifaceted. When we are weak we should remember our King is strong and he is our strength!

There are three passages in the bible with similar affirmations.
Isa 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Ex 15:2 The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Ps 118:14 The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

When the Lord is our strength he gives us power and boldness. When we know where our help comes from, who should we fear? Some of us are not tapping into our strength and we are weak and broken. Many athletes receive hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Its a process of raising the air pressure and allowing blood vessels to carry 3 times more oxygen to the tissues. This process promotes healing and fights off infections. Injured tissues require more oxygen to survive. It treats burns, anemia, non-healing wounds, gangrene, and various infections. When athlete's use this therapy they have an expectation of speedy recovery. They rely on the hyperbaric therapy for their strength.

As a believer who do we rely on for our strength?
As a blood washed, fire baptized, holy sanctified Christian who do we rely on for our strength?
Do we go into our holy hyperbaric chambers' in our homes and receive 3 times more of the Holy Spirit when our feelings are damaged, when sin has infected our household, our workplace or our family members? Do we go into our holy hyperbaric chamber when spiritual gangrene has set into our heart and caused spiritual apathy and the death of God's fruits in our lives? Do we go into our holy hyperbaric chamber when our finances are challenged and we need the Lord to open up the window of heaven, and pour out a blessing we don't have room enough to receive (Mal 3:10)? Do we go into our holy hyperbaric chamber and allow Jesus to heal us spiritually and naturally?

When we know where our strength comes from we will have power. We will go into our holy hyperbaric chambers' with an expectation of healing and speedy recovery. We will lay at the Master's feet in prayer and supplication. We will no longer walk in fear, we will walk in faith. We would stand firm on his promises, reading and believing his word.

Then we would play our favorite song. Oh my, when Jesus becomes our song!! We will bob our head when there isn't any music. We would tap our feet to the thought of his greatness. We would sing Hosanna blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord, Hosanna in the highest (Mat 21:9). We would sing, thou art my God and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. We would sing; O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever (Ps 118:28-29).


Ps 118:14 The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. Allow the Lord to become your strength and your song today. Nobody is greater!
God Bless you and yours! 

Pray
Most Heavenly and righteous Father, to you and you alone we give thanks. For you have caused us to ride upon the high places. You give us holy oxygen and infuse us with your Holy Spirit allowing us to walk in our calling. You have created us for your splendor and your glory. You are a beautiful and perfect God. In you do we place our trust. You and you alone give us strength, power and holy boldness. Forgive us for relying on the things of this world and not seeking your kingdom and your righteousness first. Help us to go to that quiet place to seek your face and humbly lay before you in prayer and supplication. Help us to go into our spiritual hyperbaric chambers' and receive all that you have for us. We bless your name forever and ever for you are our strength and our song. In Jesus name. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment